Expert Advisory Group for outdoor recreation unit standards used in schools: Call for expressions of interest!
March 5, 2020
Skills Active is seeking to establish a working group of 10 to 12 experienced outdoor education experts to be actively involved the review of outdoor recreation unit standards used by schools.
The aim of the project is to review the outdoor recreation unit standards used in school programmes to ensure the availability of appropriate and coherent unit standards at Levels 1-3, which create a pathway to industry qualifications. This work will also ensure alignment with the principles of the Achievement Standard review work, being undertaken by MoE.
This project involves:
- Working to update and realign the existing individual unit standards with industry expectations and practice
This will involve updating and editing content, combining standards (in some cases), reviewing credit values and standard levels.
- Creating new ‘core’ unit standards
This will involve identifying concepts that are core to outdoor recreation regardless of the context. These concepts may be in existing standards or currently not assessed. Once these standards are developed any duplication of content will need to be removed from individual ‘context’ unit standards.
Responsibilities of the Expert Advisory Group
- Participate in at least two facilitated two-day meetings (likely to be Wellington-based)
- Review draft material and provide feedback between meetings
- Participate in small context-focused groups to review existing standards
- Participate in virtual meetings to review draft material and provide feedback.
As a general principle, participants employed by key stakeholder organisations should continue to be paid by their employer while participating in the review process. Reasonable expenses for travel, accommodation (if required) and food will be covered by Skills Active.
Submit your interest
To express interest in being involved in this exciting piece of work, please provide a one-page expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 13 March 2020.
Your one-page expression of interest should highlight the following:
- An overview of your skills/expertise in relation to the project aim and unit standards
- The unit standards you currently assess or have assessed in the recent past
- Your experience in working with groups of educators in face-to-face workshop environments and online
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Expressions of interest close 5pm Friday 13 March, 2020.
Experienced entertainment technician adds a string to his bow with Skills Active apprenticeship
Doing work that you love is a privilege that’s open to...
A year of incredible achievements and interesting times for Skills Active
Skills Active is reflecting back on an eventful year in...
Congratulations to the latest batch of Skills Active graduates
We want to say a massive "ka rawe!" to all of the...